I LOVE Mexican food. This dish makes me feel good, while eating it! This is a fantastic, quick throw-it-all-in-the-pot, and leave for work recipe, that I found on Food.com (Recipe #89204). I love using the Crock Pot (when I remember that I have one!). There’s nothing quite like coming home to a delicious Mexican aroma wafting through kitchen, reminding me of those lazy days of laying on the beach in Los Cabos, while on vacation.
Here I have adapted the recipe so it will serve 2 (and a half, ha), and I have changed the ingredients list to organic foods, containing the updated nutritional info. Half an hour before you are ready to eat put on a pot of quinoa, and voilà! Dinner is served.
I am using up my last non-organic chicken breast from my deep freeze for this recipe. And unfortunately I have yet to find some organic cream cheese. However as it is cooking it is already smelling fantastic and if you try it, your husband and children will gulp it down with glee.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (15½ oz can organic black beans (drained)
- 1 cup frozen organic corn
- 1½ cup organic salsa
- 4 oz light cream cheese
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- Take 2 frozen boneless chicken breasts (yes frozen) and put them into the crock pot.
- Add 1 can of black beans (drained), 1 cup of corn, and 1½ cups of salsa.
- Cook on Low setting for 8-12 hours (until chicken is cooked)
- Add 4 oz of cream cheese (just throw it on top!) and let sit for ½ hour
- Stir, serve with quinoa, and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro and enjoy!