Before I decided to take the plunge of cutting meat, dairy and eggs out of my diet I thought I would try my hand at modifying my classic, Turkey Chili Recipe. It turned out pretty fantastically, if I do say so myself, ha!
Serve with a bagette and some Earth Balance, Original Buttery Spread.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 pouch (312 g) Veggie Ground Round
- 1 (16 oz) can organic red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (16 oz) can organic stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½-1 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1½ – 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- Over medium heat saute chopped onion, and green pepper until onions appear soft.
- Add veggie ground round and stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients, plus the vegetable broth and stir well.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.